It’s officially summer now and the heat is on!
Day by day, you’ll hear many people complaining the extreme heat we’re all experiencing now. It’s just too HOT and it’s really dehydrating. The sun’s heat scorches everyone’s skin and the feeling is just annoying. But what else can we do, it’s nature we’re dealing with.
Before our heads get hot, let me give you some ideas how you can beat the summer heat 😉
1. Wear comfy clothes that have thinner material used, preferably cotton, and light colored.
2. Whenever you’re going out, use sunscreen lotion to protect your skin. Wear sunglasses too and cap to protect you from the sun.
3. Drink plenty of fluids to hydrate your system. Loads of water and fruit smoothies are the best this season.
4. Change your compact lights at home with CFL since it gives 70% less heat. Turn them off too once you finish using.
5. Go somewhere relaxing and refreshing. Turning your AC at home may incur more electricity cost, so why not take advantage of using other establishments resources like the coffee shop nearest you. You may also want to consider watching the newest movie in the cinema or spending some time in your public library to read some books.
6. Go swimming! Invite your family and friends in a swimming get together and enjoy a whole day playing in the water. A little splish and splash will definitely make you cool and comfy.
7. Eat cold foods like ice cream and fruits. Way back in the Philippines, summer time is always halo-halo time. It’s a mixture of different fruits in a huge tall glass served with crushed ice and milk. It’s one of my favorites because it’s really refreshing and yummy too!
8. Open your windows at night when you’re sleeping to let in the fresh air. As the temperature outside drops the air becomes cooler, just don’t forget to close them up again when you wake up in the morning as the temperature will rise again.
9. Do not stay out of your of the house when you’ve got nothing important to do. Hot climate will only make you exhausted especially from 1PM-4PM, so if there’s a need for you to run an errand, do it preferably in the morning.
10. Water your garden in the afternoon. These will help in releasing the heat absorbed by the soil outside your house and once you’ve done this, you’ll feel the air much cooler this time.
So, there you go. Get yourself a nice smoothie and relax while you’re enjoying the summer heat 🙂